PLEASE NOTE: The following "PIRATES' performances have sold out!!!
Saturday 12 January at 6.00pm
Monday 14 January at 10am
Tuesday 15 January at 10am
Tickets for theses performances WILL NOT be available at the door.
Caribbean Pirates at the Polly Woodside is a hilarious action packed adventure filled with delightful surprises including magic, stories, songs and lots of great interactive fun.
Captain Cutthroat and the pirate gang will have you feeling like you are on the high seas as the action unfolds, the battles go on and we all cry AARRGH! for a piece of the treasure!
Don't be a land lubber this summer, get the whole family shipside for the perfect holiday fun!
Great for kids aged 5 to 12 and fun for all the family!
WHEN: 8 to 26 January 2013, Monday to Thursday at 10.00am, also Friday & Saturday at 10.00am & 6.00pm
WHERE: Polly Woodside, 2A Clarendon Street, South Wharf. On the Yarra River next to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. See map.
PRICES: single ticket $25, group of four ticket $90, handling fee may apply.
BOOK TICKETS: purchase securely online or call 1300 122 344 or Ticketmaster 136 100
Cash sales available from the on-site box office from half an hour prior to the start time (unless sold out).
GIFT CERTIFICATES: purchase securely online or call 1300 122 344
PLEASE NOTE: The use of cameras, video or sound recording equipment is not permitted during the performance.
FAQ ABOUT ATTENDING CARIBBEAN PIRATES AT THE POLLY WOODSIDE
Download the FAQ
1. How long does the performance go for?
2. Do I have to book or can I buy a ticket when I get there?
3. For what ages is it suitable?
4. What sort of show is it?
5. Do I have to buy a ticket for my baby or toddler?
6. It's held outside isn't it? Are there chairs? What do we bring?
7. How do we get there?
8. We can't go on the day we booked for, can I change my tickets to another date?
9. What happens if it rains?
1. How long does the performance go for? The performance lasts for approximately 1 hour.
2. Do I have to book or can I buy a ticket when I get there? Booking is advised, however you can buy tickets on arrival at the on-site box office, unless sold out (cash only, no credit card facilities).
3. For what ages is it suitable? The performance is suitable for children of all ages, and is fun for all the family including grownups.
4. What sort of show is it? Caribbean Pirates at the Polly Woodside is children's theatre and contains some songs as well.
5. Do I have to buy a ticket for my baby or toddler? Please note toddlers 12 months and up require a ticket as well as all children and adults. Babes in arms under 12 months are admitted free and do not require a ticket.
6. It's held outside isn't it? Are there chairs? What do we bring? The performance is held outside on the Polly Woodside itself. Seating is provided. Wear sunscreen and a hat. Warm clothes for the 6pm show as sometimes it can get cool in the early evening.
7. How do we get there? Polly Woodside is on the Yarra River next to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. See map.
Tram: Routes 96, 109 or 112 travel down Spencer/ Clarendon Streets to Stop 124A (Casino) and entrance of the Melbourne Exhibition Centre.
Route 70 and the City Circle Tram stop at D5 Wurundjeri Way (South Wharf)
Cross the street and walk towards the Yarra River, down Siddeley Street and across the new Seafarers pedestrian bridge.
Train: To Southern Cross Station and then catch tram 96, 109 or 112 to Stop 124A (Casino).
Parking: Parking is available South Wharf Shopping Centre, or the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre.
8. We can't go on the day we booked for, can I change my tickets to another date? Call 1300 122 344 for a weather update. Usually performances do proceed if there is only very light misty drizzle. INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: If the Australian Shakespeare Company cancels the performance due to inclement weather your tickets will be valid for another performance during the same production season (call 1300 122 344 to re-book). If it is not possible for you to attend another performance during the same production season we provide a credit note for the value of your tickets (not including any handling fees), valid for at least 12 months from your original performance date. A credit note will only be offered if the performance is cancelled. When a performance is cancelled in advance of the start time due to inclement weather we inform ticket holders by SMS or telephone.
9. What happens if it rains? Your tickets may be transferred to another performance. Please call 03 8676 7511 to do this during business hours Monday to Friday or email your booking details to
including your order number, booking name, number of tickets, mobile number, session booked for and preferred new session.